Bring public and private stakeholders together
to experiment on the field
It's not enough just to imagine sustainable innovations for tomorrow, they have to be tested in real conditions with the stakeholders and users who will provide them with the means to be scaled up.
The Lab is a third place connecting businesses, local and regional authorities, entrepreneurs and citizens around the issues of urban transformation and quality of life.
The Lab uses four levers to identify, federate, experiment with and promote initiatives.
It inspires and encourages innovation by making strategic tools available.
It brings together a variety of stakeholders, creating synergies and facilitating multi-partner collaboration between major groups, local authorities and startups.
It sets up and provides access to public and private playgrounds in order to conduct experimentations, thus trialling pilot projects within the region, its cities and thecamp.
It promotes a systemic approach to research and innovation centered on the users.
Among its public and private-sector founding partners, thecamp has major players who provide access to playing fields on which experiments can be carried out in real conditions with real users.
- Port of Marseille-Fos
- Aix-TGV station and the road linking it with the campus
- Aix-en-Provence city centre
- Euromed urban district
- Prado beaches in Marseille…
Directions for 2018
For 2018, thecamp and its experiment partners have chosen projects focusing on five key themes for improving people's quality of life in relation to the major societal challenges of today.
- Feeding the cities
- Improving air quality
- Empowering people
- Developing dockless bike-share modules
- Exploring urban air mobility
1. Container logistics.
2. Port-city integration: zones dedicated to innovation and start-ups and to the development of tourist activities.
3. Mobility: Improving passenger and freight flows to the port.
4. Energy transition: Smart grid.
5. Sustainable development: optimizing environmental performance (waste management, air quality...), improving security, boosting the circular economy (e.g. PIICTO).
6. Digital infrastructure (fibre, Wi-Fi, beacons...).
7. Smart port Information Systems.
8. Smart port think tank.