thecamp is a place where talents from all over the world can get training, inspire each other and work on projects to explore solutions for an exciting and optimistic future.
It is also open to the general public on a number of occasions all year round. Check out our events!
If you're coming to thecamp for a specific training program, seminar or activity, or if you're staying with us overnight, also make sure to check out this page.
550, rue Denis Papin
Geolocation: 43.4963165, 5.3421523
Getting to thecamp
ACCESS & PARKING
thecamp is located 10 mins from the Aix-en-Provence TGV station and 20 mins from Marseille-Provence Airport (Marignane).
We encourage you to carpool or use public transportation whenever possible! Here are a few options to get to thecamp.
There are several bus lines arriving at thecamp. The stop is called “Descartes”. You can buy a single-trip ticket but there are various other options available, such as daily, weekly or monthly passes.
• From Aix-en-Provence city-center: lines 18 (schedule) or 15 (schedule)
• From Marseille Saint-Charles train station: line 53 (schedule)
• From Aix-en-Provence TGV station: line 211 (schedule)
• From Paris: take the TGV (high-speed train) from Paris to the Aix-en-Provence TGV station. It is about a 3-hour trip. Most trains leave from the Paris Gare de Lyon station.
• From Marseille: take the train from Marseille Saint-Charles to Aix-en-Provence TGV station. Trains leave every hour. It’s a 10-minute ride.
Search for tickets on https://en.oui.sncf/en/.
• Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle or Paris-Orly (and then take the train)
• Marseille-Provence (Marignane)
From the airport or train station
We’re currently working on an electric and autonomous shuttle for rides between the train station and thecamp. It should be available very soon! In the meantime, here are some options:
Make sure to mention thecamp for special rates.
• Taxis Radio Aixois: +33 4 42 27 71 11
• Motion (taxis Tesla): James Morlaix, +33 6 09 17 34 34, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Class-eDriver: Christian Saal, +33 4 42 24 92 80, email@example.com
• SIXT: online service 24/7 through the SIXT app: www.sixt.fr, +33 8 20 00 74 98
Parking at thecamp
There is an outdoor parking area at the entrance, on the right, for 100 vehicles. It is fenced, but not guarded.
We encourage you to car-pool to get here!
Please always register at the reception desk upon arrival.
This is where you'll need to register upon arrival.
Reception is open every day.
Food and drinks
Vegetarian food and local beverages are generally available to the public, depending on the event. Please refer to specific event pages for more information.
Outside food and drinks are not allowed on-site. Thank you for your understanding!
WIFI & WEB
Free wi-fi access via the GUEST-THE-CAMP account.
No password required
We are committed to minimizing our environmental footprint. We’re relying on you, too!
Our objective: zero-non-recycled waste! Please sort your rubbish and don't be wasteful. If you are thirsty, reusable cups and drinking fountains are available on site.
The pine forest around the campus is fragile. If you smoke, please stub out your cigarettes and throw the ends in the ashtrays provided in the smoking areas.
Special attention is paid to welcoming people with disabilities. thecamp has accessible accommodations.
To view a map of the site and find out more about it, see our interactive map.
In the interest of inclusion and diversity, and to allow as many people as possible to take part in thecamp’s various programs, financial aid is available. Feel free to contact us for more information!
Our partners, without whom we wouldn't exist today, enjoy preferential rates.
CONNECT WITH US